“An Investment in knowledge always pays the best Interest” – Benjamin Franklin
It is a critical decision for the business owners to access how much money to spend while creating a website. For Startups, the investment is a challenging judgement as the website creation cost depends on the project on what you require. In today’s digital world, e-commerce and internet traffic is seen as the progression of new business opportunities.
First, we need to understand why do we want to have a website? What is the aspiration behind it?
- To examine your Work or Expertise
- Build Your Reputation
- To develop Online Leads and educate your Customer
- To Sell something Online
- Or just that because everyone has it, let me also have it
There are also different types of websites –
- Small Business website – These are very basic websites with maybe less than 20 pages with couple of images and hardly any unique functionality. Rates ranges around $2,000 to $8,000.
- Medium-Sized Business website – Usually used for commercial websites with not more than 75
pages, CMS enabled, design layouts with images and few unique functionalities. Rates ranges around $10,000 to $25,000.
- E-commerce website – Basically websites where customers can browse and purchase products. Here the alliance of payment gateway is imperative. Also, images, copywriting , CMS, and beta testing are necessary. Rates ranges around $5,000 to $40,000.
- Large Business website – These websites have several hundred pages, several design layouts and images, CMS, unique functionalities, illustrative development, blog integration, multimedia formulation, etc. Rates ranges around $25,000 to $40,000.
* Kindly note that all the rates given are an approximate value taken.
Some more necessary expenses are –
- Domain Name – The URL or domain name is the first thing people will type in the browser to search for your website. You might require paying annually depending on the time frame and choice.
- SSL Certificate – SSL certificate becomes important when you are running an e-commerce website as it secures and protects your customers sensitive data and personal information.
- Website Hosting – The more views your website and the more features you add to your website the higher your price will be. The popularity of your website lies there – website hosting.
- Content Management System – A CMS is generally what you use to display text, pictures, videos, articles, etc., on your website. This makes your website competent.
- Web design expenses – Website design makes your website more attractive.
- Online Marketing – To turn your visitors into customers, to raise your ranking on Google search engine and increase online traffic, proper online marketing of your website is essential.
Overall, the greatest cost of a website lies is in the design and development. Going with today’s generation, it is somehow important to have your own website. In an ideal world, your website budget should be as high as your business can afford while still making a profit